Insert "Cat"chy Title Here...
If you don't appreciate random knowledge that you'll probably never use, feel free to skip to the next blog post.
Great! You're still here!
I'm a nerd, and even though I'm not the greatest at trivial pursuit, I still appreciate completely random facts that I can use to impress my friends from time to time. This blog post is my gift to you, fellow nerds. No longer will you sit silently while your friends discuss the importance and purpose of cats. That's right, because my friends regularly sit around and talk about cats, too.
Moving along, these "FACTS" (as far as I know, because the internet never lies) will surely cause your friends to gasp and say, "Wow!" "Really?" or "No Way!" ...and in some cases, they might be right. However, if they Google long enough, they will find the same sources that I've used for this list of ridiculous (and hopefully factual) information, all about our feline friends.
1. Did you know that the heaviest domestic cat on record is nearly 47 pounds!? 46 lbs and 15.2 ounces to be exact. Yup, the heaviest cat weighs more than some first graders. The heaviest naturally-occurring BIG CAT (the "Liger" doesn't count) is the Siberian Tiger which can way more than 900lbs!
2. Creme Puff was the oldest cat EVER, living 38 years! She was born August, 3 in 1967 and lived until August 6, 2005! The current oldest cat is a 30-year-old Siamese named Scooter. On average cats live for around 12 to 15 years.
3. You probably already knew this one, but did you know that the FASTEST cat is the cheetah, which can run 75mph! It's 0-60mph speed is only 3 seconds, which is quicker than some of the fastest street cars in the world.
P.S. I'm glad I'm not a Gazelle.
4. Did you know that the tiniest cat on record is Mr. Pebbles, a 2-year-old cat that weighed 3 lbs and was 6.1 inches high!? If his owners don't watch their step, the consequences could be cat-astrophic!
5. Did you know that a cat can jump up to six times its own height in a single bound?!
And now it's time to read your mind...you're thinking, "My cat can jump way higher than that!"
6. Here's one cat-owners can certainly appreciate, did you know that on average, cats spend 2/3 of every day sleeping. That means a nine-year-old cat has been awake for only three years of its life!
7. Get out your calculator and thinking cap for this one...did you know that in terms of development, the first year of a cat’s life is equal to the first 15 years of a human life. After its second year, a cat is 25 in human years. And after that, each year of a cat’s life is equal to about 7 human years.
You're right, I didn't know that either. Thanks internet.
8. ROOOOOAAAAR. From the mouth of a lion, a "roar" can be heard up to 5 miles away! With pipes like that, there's no excuse for his cubs to ever be late for dinner.
9. Did you know that most cats don't have eyelashes? Oh, you don't believe me? Go check :)
10. Did you know that in just seven years, a single pair of cats and their offspring could produce a staggering total of 420,000 kittens.
I hope you've enjoyed reading this blog as much as I've enjoyed writing it. If you're ever on, "Who Wants to be a Millionaire," I should be your lifeline for cat questions. I just went through about 300 "facts" to bring you a "Top 10."
...And this is where I beg you you to PLEASE get your pets spayed/neutered!